Check out a bunch of our favorite beach-inspired patio designs from Houzz. We have linked every image to the designer so you can either look at more of their work or hire them yourself!
We absolutely love outdoor areas at the beach, particularly patios. The best patio designs are relaxing and feel like a touch of paradise. And in a beach area, you don’t need a ton of space to create your dream outdoors.
27 Beach Patio Designs
- Carmen Bay Cottage
- Hunting For Perfection
- Cape Cod Style Patio
- Rehoboth Beach Custom Home
- Jacksonville Beach Residence
- Santa Barbara, California
- Outdoor Courtyard Teak Furniture
- Peregian Beach House
- Huge Outdoor Beach Patio
- Beach Style Colorful Patio
- Basalt Slab Shower
- Adirondack Chair Water’s Edge
- Compact Patio
- Picnic Table String Lights Beach Summer
- Chic Boho Style
- Rustic Coastal Themed Patio Design
- Florida Coastal Cottage Outdoor Living
- Nautical Style Patio
- Bayshores Drive Coastal Patio
- Outdoor Kitchen
- Outdoor Fireplace
- Natural Pavers Coastal Patio
- Classic Nantucket Dream Home
- Lanai – Coastal Hawaiian Themed Patio
- Greystone Collection
You will absolutely love the backyard inspirations we have below and the only thing we hope is that even just one of the 27 helps you. Hopefully you can upgrade your outdoor coastal patio this year!
2. Carman Bay Cottage
3. Hunting For Perfection
4. Cape Cod Style Patio
5. Rehoboth Beach Custom Home
6. Jacksonville Beach Residence
7. Santa Barbara, California
9. Outdoor Courtyard Teak Furniture
10. Peregian Beach House
11. Huge Outdoor Beach Themed Patio
12. Beach Style Colorful Patio
13. Basalt Slab Shower
14. Adirondack Chair Water’s Edge
15. Compact Patio
16. Picnic Table String Lights Beach Summer
17. Chic Boho Style
18. Rustic Coastal Themed Patio Design
19. Florida Coastal Cottage Outdoor Living
20. Nautical Style Patio
21. Bayshores Drive Coastal Patio
22. Outdoor Kitchen
23. Outdoor Fireplace
24. Natural Pavers Coastal Patio
25. Classic Nantucket Dream Home
26. Lanai – Coastal Hawaiian Themed Patio
27. Greystone Collection
Choosing Your Patio Design
Choosing a beach themed coastal patio design can be very difficult because there are so many paver, furniture, gardening, and style options that can be utilized. In addition, your overall space and budget will help guide the final idea.
3 Beach Patio Design Tips
The first tip is to do it right the first time. That means to hire the best contractor you can find, buy the best furniture, and don’t go for a cheap option that might need replacing in five years. Outdoor Wicker furniture and Teak furniture is very durable and can last for years, so look into those options rather than something cheap.
The second tip is to focus first on family and second on entertainment. What I mean is that you should get a dining set for outdoor family dinners before you get a seating sofa set. In addition, focus on how you can bring your own family closer together. Maybe you can put in an outdoor fire pit and surround it with chairs.
The third and final tip is to design for your location. A beach patio in Nantucket will experience much different winters than a beach patio in Miami. Therefore, you should understand how the weather might hurt or help your design in the long run and use that to guide your decision.
The designs above and the tips should help you create a wonderful beach themed space. Your outdoor patio is where you spend tons of time when the weather is nice, so it’s important to make it perfect. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us and we can help. We hope the patio designs help give you the inspiration you need!